Industrial Application using CAN Bus
- 1 Class Information
- 1.1 Presentation on Autonomous Vehicles
- 1.2 Useful Topics
- 1.3 Class Assignments
- 1.4 Class Project
- 1.5 Class Project Reports
Presentation on Autonomous Vehicles
DBC format is a well known format to describe the format of a CAN message. This is essentially the schema of the data that is communicated over the CAN bus. Please view the linked DBC Format article for details before reading further.
In this class project, students accomplish a self-drivable RC car with the following learning objectives:
- Learn CAN Bus and how to communicate in an industrial or automotive environment.
- Learn integration and testing across different controllers.
- Learn how to work in teams.
- Learn basics of an RTOS.