Project Proposal Guidelines
The purpose of a project proposal is to access different possibilities of the project you will complete in a course. This should not only capture what you are willing to accomplish, but also serve as a preliminary project plan.
Please keep in mind the following things :
- Promise less, deliver more
- It is better to promise less features, but make them work 100%
- Every feature adds code, and every if statement doubles your testing effort.
Sample Project Proposal
Project proposal should have the following sections :
- List out what you are going to accomplish with minimum number of lines
- List out the features your project will contain
- Be careful of promising too much
- Parts List
- List all the parts or components that you will interface
- Project Complexity
- This is the list of features that turn into development modules.
- What will it take to accomplish a feature?
- Example: A simple obstacle avoiding car needs many items:
- Interface with distance sensors
- Interface with motor controllers
- Write algorithm to control movement