Embedded Systems 101
Lessons for new Embedded System Users
Please note that some these lessons are based on SJ One Board. This article is suited for:
- New Programmers without any programming background
- Experienced Programmers who want to learn Embedded Programming on SJ One Board.
Student Project Videos
Here are the lesson plans:
- ES101 - Lesson 1 : Compile & Run
- ES101 - Lesson 2 : printf
- ES101 - Lesson 3 : scanf
- ES101 - Lesson 4 : Conditional Statements
- ES101 - Lesson 5 : Arrays and for Loop
- ES101 - Lesson 6 : Arrays and Loops Continued
- ES101 - Lesson 7 : Functions with Pass-By-Value
- ES101 - Lesson 8 : Functions with Pass-By-Reference
- ES101 - Lesson 9 : Structures
- ES101 - Lesson 10 : Board IO
- ES101 - Lesson 11 : State Machine and Board IO
Debugging Your Code
- Check your syntax:
- Are you missing a semicolon?
- Do you have a semicolon where its not needed? (at the end of an if statement: if(..);)
- Have you defined the variable
- Have you defined the same variable twice?
- Have you spelled your variables wrong?
- Include Files: Have you included all the necessary files using #include <..>
- Does the number of format specifiers (%f, %c, etc.,.) match the number of variables?
- Are you using an assignment operator ( = ) in the place of a comparison operator (== )
Please reference the following link to find out how to connect your board to different external devices :